Impressions Denture Clinic Ltd aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller is Rob Handley, the information Governance Lead is Jennie Handley.
This Privacy Notice is available on the Clinic website Impressionsdentureclinic.com, at reception, by email if you contact email@example.com or by calling 0115 9490222.
You will be asked to provide personal information when joining the Clinic. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide optimum health care to you.
The categories of data we process are:
· Personal data for the purposes of staff and self-employed team member management
· Personal data for the purposes of direct mail/email/text marketing
· Special category data including health records for the purposes of the delivery of health care
· Special category data including health records and details of criminal record checks for managing employees and contracted team members
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer a patient to another practitioner or to secondary care such as a hospital, we will gain the individual permission before the referral is made and the personal data is shared.
· Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format
· Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
· Personal data is obtained when a patient joins the practice, when a patient is referred to the practice and when a patient subscribes to an email list.
The lawful basis for processing special category data such as patients and employee’s health data is:
· Processing is necessary for the purposes of, assessing the working capacity of the employee, the provision of health
· care or treatment or management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of Union or Member State law or a contract with a health professional
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
· Consent of the data subject
· Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
The retention period for special data in patient records is a minimum of 10 years and may be longer for complex records in order to meet our legal requirements. The retention period for staff records is 6 years. The retention periods for other personal data is 2 years after it was last processed.
You have the following personal data rights:
· The right to be informed
· The right of access
· The right to rectification
· The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
· The right to restrict processing
· The right to data portability
· The right to object
Further details of these rights can be viewed or at the Information Commissioner website. Here are some practical examples of your rights:
· If you are a patient of the practice you have the right to withdraw consent for important notifications, newsletters, surveys or marketing. You can inform us to correct errors in your personal details or withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your patient records within one month.
· If you are not a patient of the practice you have the right to withdraw consent for processing personal data, to have a free copy of it within one month, to correct errors in it or to ask us to delete it. You can also withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact Rob Handley at the practice for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 0115 9490222 or by writing to or visiting the practice at: Impressions Denture Clinic@gmail.com. We take complaints very seriously.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Whilst viewing our website, we may collect information on how the service is accessed and used. The usage data may include information such as your computers internet protocol address (e.g. I P address), browser type, browser version, the time and date of your visit and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data:
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en